2013 m. balandžio 23 d., antradienis

Three lessons from the trolley, fridge and the French candies

   As Coelho has written, “In order to find the treasure, you will have to follow the omens”. Signs, omens, lessons – whatever you call them, they still work the same way. Every day we are exposed to a variety of situations, which pretty often (but not always) have hidden sense. Sometimes they bring you an idea you were looking for, sometimes they make you feel ecstatic, sometimes they bring you together with the people who can change your life (at least for a little bit). These omens, or lessons, can be found in the simplest moments such as in the market while buying a box of cheap milk or in the concert, standing in the long line. You may ask, so what? What could possibly be found there? Check this out - an experience talks herself.


     The uncatchable trolley


     Every day I am forced to accept the same challenge – catch a trolley when it’s not too late. If I am not quick enough, I have to wait and “enjoy” a sea of fish, which is rolling inside. Nice, isn’t it? But let’s get back to the main point. Yesterday I was about to move to the opposite direction, so my eyes were looking for the other trolley. Suddenly, my old uncatchable trolley emerged! I almost fall in it when a thought appeared – this is not what I was looking for! Standing outside, I thought – isn’t that an important life-joke? When we are pressed to the notion like “catch every possibility that you can”, we forget what our real goals are. Used to the same actions and problems, we stick to the same behavior patterns without questioning are they useful at all. Do I really need this opportunity which was so desirable yesterday? Good point to think about.


     My beloved fridge

     Year ago me and my friend started to live in the dormitory. As we accidentally found, our room was not only renovated, with new set of furniture, but also with… a fridge! For those who didn’t get it, I would make it simpler – fridge in the room means comfort and less expenses. We were so excited – new room with a fridge which is functioning – feels like Christmas! Our Christmas time lasted for almost a year when suddenly, yesterday afternoon, the Owner of The Fridge appeared. With no talks it became clear – Christmas is over. We have one day to undress our Christmas tree. Today, while eating a yogurt, I remembered one wonderful proverb – “easy come, easy go”. Almost nothing that is worth having comes from the heaven straight to your hands. If you are lucky today – enjoy it for a while. On the other hand, if you desire something long lasting, work for it. Simple truth, isn’t it? 


         French candies

     When I was 11 years-old, I traveled through France and Germany with my aunt. In Disneyland I bought multicolored and somehow magic candies and then decided – when the special day comes, these candies will be honorably opened and will please all my relatives. I was waiting and waiting for something striking, but life just went on as it did before.
     Many years ago, on a sunny weekend I decided to clean my room, starting from drawers. I was putting tones of forgotten things aside, when somewhere in the corner I found a nice colorful box. Inside was nothing more but a mash of chocolate and bright paper. It was all that left from my precious candies. On that day I learned one of the most important lessons – I have to enjoy my life NOW, to be fully here, in this moment. Who knows, what tomorrow might bring? It’s important to realize that before you find your beloved candies smashed into unrecognizable lump.


After all, you might ask do I think that these lessons changed anything in my further life. There is no time machine, so I have no chance to prove it. All I know is that all these tiny lessons have purposes and implications that are hidden until I open it. Do you open yours?...


Pictures from weheartit.com 

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą